coughing is your body’ ways of getting rid of an irritant, when some thing irritates your throat or airway , your nervous system send an alert to your brain , your brain response by telling the muscles im your chest and abdomen to contract and expel a burs.
A cough is an important defensive reflex that helps protect your body from irritants like MUCUS , SMOKE, AND ALLERGENS such as dust, mold, and pollen
COUGH CAN BE DESCRIBED BY
1) behaviour or experience: when and why does the cough happen ? is it at night, after eating, while exercise
2) characteristics. how does your cough sound or feel ? Hacking, wet , dry?
3) Duration: does your cough curse related than two weeks , six weeks , more than eight weeks?
4) Effect . does your cough cause related symptoms such as urinary incontinence, vomiting or sleeplessness
5) Grade: How bad is it? is it annoying peristent, or debilitating ?
TYPES OF COUGH
1) wet cough, 2) Dry cough, 3) Paroxysmal cough , 4) Crop cough. in this case we shall explain it one after the other and it remedy, but first we start with wet cough.
WET COUGH :
2) CHILDREN. a small clinical trial found that 1.5 teaspoons of honey given a half hour before bed time reduces cough and encourage better sleep in children age one and other
ADULT. adult can treat acute wet coughs with otc coughs and could symptom relieving medications or honey. if cough persists for longer than three weeks , antibiotics therapy or other treatments may be required
DRY COUGH: A dry cough is that does n’t bring up mucus . it may feel likes you have a tickle in the back of your throat triggering your cough reflex, giving you hacking cough